I’m a newbie seamstress, learning how to sew my own clothes. I’m tired of being forced to wear only knits and polyester as a big gal, and I’m not going to take it anymore! My ultimate goal is to make some of the beautifully tailored outfits from the 40s… I have a whole stash of screencaps from films!
Here’s what I know I need to learn:
- Grading patterns (who decided what I’m allowed to wear?)
- Pockets (scary!)
- Zippers (I can do it, but just barely)
- Pattern making
- Buttons (aaaaack!)
- Darts (I kind of suck at these)
- Finished seams (I kind of make these up as I go along)
- Collars & Jabots (love the look, have no idea how to make)
- Finicky fabrics (especially jersey and silk)
- Probably a whole lot more!