Oh dear friends, it’s been a busy sewing month of September! I’ve had a rough time trying to stop and blog what I’ve been up to! A lot of the projects I’ve been working on have been in muslin, rather than finished fabrics, so I guess I wasn’t as excited to show you the results 🙂
All except this one…
I’ll be catching you up on all my projects over the next few days, but here’s a quickie preview!
During the month of September, I…
- Visited a new sewing store in town, Common Thread
- Dropped my vintage Bernina off at the store for a much-needed tune-up
- Bought a bucketload of patterns, many from Colette!
- Bit the bullet and bought my first silk charmeuse…and then washed it! A terrifying process that worked better than I could have dreamed!
- Bought a new sewing machine… introductions will be made later
- Learned how to grade a pattern
- Learned how to modify a neckline
- Started watching Project Runway… I’m not sure I’m happy about it, either. More on this to come.
- Started working with voile for the first time
- Made an adorable shirt out of lace + knit…on a whim! My first time working with either and it was so rewarding! (see above)
- Modified my dress form so that it actually matches my own measurements…what a difference!
I’ll also confess that it’s been busy at work, and here at Maison du Chat… but October marks the beginning of fall here in Texas, and I’m so inspired by my successes that I can’t wait to finish some of my projects and share them with you!