New project: raspberry swing skirt

29 Jan


Just finished another project! This is New Look 6816. This one was a dead simple knit swing skirt made from a cotton rayon blend jersey that had a twill-like knit on the reverse. I accidentally melted it with my iron…thus discovering it wasn’t 100% cotton!

Allow me to gush for a moment about my new walking foot that Mr D got me for Christmas. It makes sewing knits dead simple! I used to struggle with puckered seams and the top fabric not following along with the bottom and this foot solved all that!

I made the skirt in 3 hours, pretty close to the patterns 2 hour estimate. (btw, the fabric really is raspberry, see?):


Total cost: 2yds jersey @ $10 yd, plus $1.50 for some inch wide elastic.
Make again? Absolutely! I’ve already got another fabric on the table ready to cut this week! It’s another crazy print, this time picked out by Mr D!




Posted by on January 29, 2012 in creations


2 responses to “New project: raspberry swing skirt

  1. Chris

    January 30, 2012 at 11:51 am

    that looks great on you! Love the color…

  2. Charl Lane Elias

    February 7, 2012 at 10:00 am

    Great skirt! Love your blog!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: